1. Accountability Structure
Please see http://i-imagineer.info/planet-pilot/ for more information and contact options. This a set of research area stubs and links to further relevant information – I am preparing a thesis proposal outline, and this is a copy of the first section.
In order for the future viability of human civilisation in any form to be adequately addressed, a number of key area must be prioritised. Foremost among these is understanding and management of planetary life support systems, including the development of:
Life Appropriate Technologies
Characteristics: non-toxic – or detoxifying, recyclable, carbon sequestering, generative/regenerative, biophillic …
- Links to stakeholder groups:
Earth Dashboard (Gabel, 2017)
- (Near) Real time update of planetary systems
- fresh water
- species balance
- access to life support resources
- access to energy and comms
- Decision support, analysis and advisory body
- Information access and distribution methodologies
A user friendly and accessible information dissemination and retrieval structure must be established and qualified influential users must be prepared to interface and engage with its input/output. This area has been addressed in outline, pathway proposals to the initiation of such a scheme have been described by Earth Intelligence Network (Steele, 2015).
Plan (under construction):
- Investigate shortcomings/oversights in, obstacles to implementation of Steele et al current proposal. Discover potential amendments, alternate strategies, consideration of needs for inclusion, potential stakeholders to on-board in support of concluded best proposal.
- Research and evaluate any other comprehensive proposals toward a World/Global Brain style address to planetary future/s.
Access/assess active R&D/implementation efforts:
- Life preservation policy (all species) – LPP
- Incentivisation of life-equity as prime directive – PD
- Target groups
- Sanctity of life
- Ecocide prevention
- Species and systems longevity
- Guaranteed long term returns
Gabel, M. 2017, Earth Dashboard, <http://earthdash.org/>
Steele, R. 2015, Re-Engineering Earth, book 1, Beyond Data Monitoring, <https://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&field-collection=Re-Engineering+Earth&url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text#>